Saturday, November 28, 2015

Calling Out a Dog Abuser


I don't usually let things on Facebook keep me up too late at night, but there is a post right now on a crazy person named Katie Brown's Facebook page that is starting to pick up steam by being shared by thousands of people.

This lady purposely posted a picture of her dog, duct taped around the mouth. She brags about doing it herself to keep her dog from barking. It's the act of a monster and not a loving dog owner.

Here's the nutball's profile link...
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004883925173

All of us who have owned a dog or a pet of any kind for that manner, have had a moment or two where they had to play parent to their fur baby. This can be tricky since animals don't process thoughts the way we do and obviously don't understand 99% of the things we say. Still, as a loving owner, you should never do anything to inflict permanent harm on a pet, let alone BRAG about it. Katie Brown says she only did it for a minute, but that is one minute too many.

Her actions are that of someone who doesn't deserve the companionship of a pet. Dogs are one of the only animals out there that love their owner more than they love themselves. This dog's trust has to have been betrayed. Looking at her drooping ears, the dog is clearly sad.

This monster's post was brought to my attention by a post on Facebook by comedian Ian Bagg, fellow dog lover. Being the proud puppy parent of two dogs I love and another that my father owns that I love as well, I couldn't ever imagine being anywhere near this nuts in how I treat my pets.

In the little time this Facebook post was brought to my attention, her post went from 50,000 shares to now over 75,000 shares in little more than an hour. Even her own friends are turning on Katie Brown on her own Facebook feed and rightly so.

I'm sorry for letting a "simple" Facebook post spur a blog by me, but this really dug under my skin for the hour after I saw it. Something tells me that this isn't the first time she's done something stupid to her pets, just the first time that she may have posted it on social media, or at least the first time it went viral.

Treat your dogs with love. They love you more than you will ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment